Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hello Artillery Fans,

I've decided to start blogging. Notice I didn't use the word "writing." I have to admit, I'm a bit cynical about blogging, bloggers and blogs. But, alas, I need to enter the 21st century. So, I'm going to try this for a while.

I will now make a cyberspace oath. I promise not to drone on about my personal life. I promise not to make too many misspellings and typos. I promise not to be self-serving and self-promotional. I promise to mostly write about art and what's important in the art world. And lastly, I promise to try to keep all my promises.

Just a quick update to get started on this thing. We, our publisher Paige Wery, and I just got back from our trip to New York City. What a great town, you gotta love it. But, we were not so convinced Artillery is loved by New York. It's a tough town folks. Also, I wasn't so impressed with all the art--or at least not MORE impressed than art here in our hometown (Los Angeles). I'm not sure I want to go into the LA vs. NY thing though. It's actually absurd to do that these days. Half the artists that are showing in New York are from LA, and half the artists that are showing in Los Angeles are from New York. So really, who cares. It's tedious. 

Paige and I pounded the pavement (literally) for four days straight. We only covered half of Chelsea, did the Lower Eastside and got to almost all the galleries in Brooklyn. We found Brooklyn to be more hospitable than Chelsea (NEWS FLASH!!) Being back for a week now, I have to say, not much of the art was very memorable. We did get to visit MoMA, and checked out the New Photography show there, which the proper name escapes me now. That was impressive stuff. More on that later (if I actually do this regularly).

More stuff to come--just wanted to get started and get the hang of this thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment