Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Untitled, new art film

Remind me, why am I blogging again? Blogging feels like talking to yourself, but just a little more pathetic. I've never kept a diary, so maybe it's something like that too.

Anyway, I had planned to blog yesterday because I was going to the film premiere of (Untitled), the new art film. I saw a screening a month or two ago, and decided we should do something about it in Artillery. It's a fun enough film, and pokes fun at the art world in a realistic and justifiable way. Adam Goldberg plays a serious, frustrated, misunderstood experimental music/performance artist. Performance artists are such an easy target in the art world. When I did my play with Jade Gordon, her character was a performance artist. Anyway, it has the right amount of ridicule and accurate portrayal of the art world. It's loaded with art stereotypes: your conceptual artist, your abstract Bank artist, your world renown artist that works with dead animals, and your uppity yuppity fashion-damaged art dealer. It all takes place in, where else, New York. 

But the film works. I would recommend it, if anyone out there cares. Hello! Anyone out there? We're covering it in our next issue of Artillery, which I'm working on right now, and just took a break. Back to work now. Bye, bye blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment